2019 July 13 Saturday
AIF Workshop: Doing Business with AIIB - Opportunities in Procurement (Open Event)Salle E, ECCL
- To introduce the AIIB’s operational and corporate procurement policies and processes
- To connect with the global business community and provide insight and guidance on how to be successful in pursuing contracting business opportunities under AIIB financed projects and AIIB’s own institutional procurement.
- To encourage the delivery of quality infrastructure by enlarging AIIB’s global supplier community and to increase the competition for contracts arising from operational and institutional procurement opportunities.
There is an increasing interest in AIIB business opportunities being shown by global suppliers, contractors and consultants particularly by those who have a limited knowledge of AIIB operations and procurement procedures
During this session, global suppliers, contractors, consultants and their associations will have the opportunity to meet AIIB procurement staff in one convenient location and gain a valuable insight into the application of the AIIB’s project and institutional procurement policies and procedures.
The occasion of the Annual Meeting and its location in Luxembourg will attract the attendance of numerous representatives from the global supplier, contractor and consultant community who have an interest in AIIB business opportunities.
Session will be of benefit to member countries and to those seeking to build their knowledge of AIIB operations and procurement procedures.
- Co-operation in the procurement process for the delivery of Quality Infrastructure (Guest Speaker)
- AIIB Procurement policy and procedures for investment operations
- AIIB Corporate Procurement policy and procedures
Panel discussion followed by audience Q&A
CEO, FIDIC - International Federation of Consulting Engineers
Dr Nelson Ogunshakin FICE OBE was appointed as the new FIDIC Chief Executive Officer in July 2018 with overall responsibility for FIDIC global operations. He is also a Member of the Board of Transport for London (TfL) and TfL nominee Board member of Cross Rail Limited in London.
Nelson was the immediate past President and CEO of ACE for 14 years. He co-chaired the NIPEF and was appointed member of the London Infrastructure Delivery Board. He chairs the Investment Committee of ARM-Harith Infrastructure Investment Funds and has over 30 years’ experience in planning, finance, delivery and management of major property and infrastructure investment projects.
Senior Procurement Specialist, AIIB
Mr. Ottolini, Sr. Procurement Specialist at AIIB (operations), has more than twenty years of experience in managing complex procurements, working on behalf of governments, multilateral and bilateral donors (AIIB, ITER, EC, EBRD, EIB, CEB, IBRD, NAMSA, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and private clients in Africa (Angola, Mozambique, Ethiopia, Uganda, and RP Congo), Egypt, in Romania, Turkey, Western Balkans (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo and FYR Macedonia) the ITER Project (nuclear research).
He has extensive first-hand knowledge of procurement procedures and processes coupled with policy level analysis and development of national country procurement systems. He conceived, developed and delivered all rounds training on procurement and contract management in the public and private sector operations.
He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS). He has completed MSc Course ‘Procurement Management’ at Business School of University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
Senior Procurement Specialist, AIIB
Evan Shang has been with AIIB since 2016, joining the Bank as Senior Procurement Specialist. Prior to joining AIIB, he was based at Vancouver, Canada and has 20 years experiences with both corporate and project procurement in large multinational organizations and engineering consulting firms, such as Tetra Tech, Jacobs, Fluor, ExxonMobil and GlaxoSmithKline. Evan received his B.A degree in Tianjin Foreign Studies University in 1995, MBA degree from Simon Fraser University in 2004 and CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional) certificate in Canada in 2006.
He specializes in strategic sourcing and purchasing, involving interfacing with suppliers, engineers, project management, and client personnel to support preparing RFPs, RFQs, bid evaluations and negotiations leading to award of purchase orders. He speaks English and Mandarin and has experiences in dealing with suppliers in various cultures and locations.
Procurement Advisor, AIIB
Over 30 years of procurement experience in both international development and private sector operations
Currently the Procurement Advisor for the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank based in Beijing. Formerly he was procurement Lead Specialist with the World Bank in Beijing and Washington. Prior to joining the World Bank, he was the Deputy Director of Procurement at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development based in London. His experience spans a wide and varied range of procurement related activities including:
- assessing project procurement delivery strategy and risk
- procurement of large value and complex contracts for construction works and plant and equipment.
- supply chain management of high volume/low value goods and commodities
- procurement in fragile and conflict affected states and emergency situations
- the development and implementation of procurement policy and reform.
- development of standard tender documentation
Countries/ regions of work experience:
China, USA, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe, Central Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, South Asia and South-East Asia